This website is operated by Judd Medical Ltd and Judd Medical Online Ltd. For over 20 years we have been supplying the Healthcare Industry with the finest quality surgical instruments and innovative products for surgery.
• the personal information we collect about you
• what we do with your information, and
• who your information might be shared with.
WHO WE ARE Judd Medical Ltd and Judd Medical Online Ltd ('we' or 'us') are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General data Protection Regulation (GDPR), (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT? PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU. We collect personal information about you such as your name, address, hospital, department, email address, telephone numbers, VAT numbers, bank details of the hospital, trust, organisation, when you register with us or purchase products or services from us.
We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions. PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
• give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
• give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information for legal or ethical reasons. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
• your ethnic origin
• your political opinions
• your religious beliefs
• whether you belong to a trade union
• your physical or mental health or condition
• your sexual life, and
• whether you have committed a criminal offence
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users.
Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU? We collect information about you so that we can:
• identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
• process your order;
• conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
• carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
• if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
• detect and prevent fraud;
• customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
• carry out security vetting;
• improve our services; MARKETING We would like to send you information by post, email, and telephone, about products and services, competitions, special offers, news and events which may be of interest to you.
We will continue to contact you by post, email and telephone until you advise us not to do so. By either unsubscribing, contacting us by post or calling us and requesting for us to remove you from our contact lists. We will only ever contact you with relevant information to your hospital and with the intent of only increasing your portfolio of surgical instrumentation for your benefit.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MIGHT BE SHARED WITH We may disclose your personal data to:
• other companies within our group;
• our agents;
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
• our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing’ section above; and
• departments and staff within Judd Medical Ltd KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE We take your data protection seriously and would like you to know how we look after and protect your data that you send to us.
The only data we will hold on you or your employees is data that you have provided to us in the course of delivering services to you, or information on the advice that we have given to you.
We will never sell your data or pass it on to any third parties except, in the course of providing the agreed services to you. In order to provide these services to you, we use a number of sub-processors who may have access to your data. We want to be clear and transparent with you about the sub-processors we use and what we have done to ensure that they take your data protection as seriously as we do. For more information on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org please quote “ Require Information on Sub Processors”. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). What can I do to keep my information safe? If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE? RIGHT TO REQUEST A COPY OF YOUR INFORMATION You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
• email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY MISTAKES IN YOUR INFORMATION You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
• email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
• let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details), and
• let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with RIGHT TO ASK US TO STOP CONTACTING YOU WITH DIRECT MARKETING You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
• email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 30 days for this to take place.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Judd Medical Ltd, Unity House, Buntsford Park Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 3DX or call us on 01527 559010.